Monday, September 6, 2010

Undated Picture, Bernhardt Band


I got this picture from my aunt, Mayme Rachuig Hause. As you can see it shows the Bernhardt Family Band. I don't have a date or location, but I presume it came from the Bosque County (Texas) Library.


The Bernhard and Rachuig families have close ties, intermarrying in various generations. Since they both emigrated from Posen and settled initially in Washington County (Texas), they very likely knew each other back in the old country.


Henrietta Bernhardt is the matriarch of the Rachuig branch of the extended Rachuig-Rachui-Rachuy family. (She and August Rachuig are my great-great-grandparents. They created the variant spelling which added a 'g' to the end of their surname. As I pointed out in an earlier posting, they are identified as Rachui on the 1880 US Census.)

No comments:

Post a Comment