Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A History of Bosque County, 1986


I'm not certain if other family researchers have known about this resource, but it was new to me.  It's a history of Bosque County (Texas) published in 1986.  I found histories of various branches of our extended family (e.g., Ickerts, Bernhardts, & Krugers) as well as information on various communities where branches of the family lived.  (I want to take a closer look at this resource.)

I also noted that the Chisolm Trail (a major path for Texas cattle drives) passed through Valley Mills and Morgan.  I never knew this.

1 comment:

  1. I know the recent executive director of the Chisolm Trail Museum in Duncan, OK. I'll see if he has any additional interesting information about the segment running through Bosque County.

    Bruce Kelly
    Great-grandson of Julius Herman Rachuig

    ReplyDelete