Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Extended Rachui-Rachuy-Rachuig Family

I've had a lot going this past year, so I haven't been able to post much to this blog. I want to restart posting items in the run up to this year's reunion. I'll try to post things every week.

One of the questions I've received is how the Rachui - Rachuy - Rachuig families are related. I hope I can give a comprehensible answer to that question soon. The best I can do right now is point some research my aunt, Mayme Rachuig Hause, has done.

She has discovered that Theodore's father, Johnann Rachuy, is very likely August Wilhem Rachuig, Sr.'s brother. They all settled in Washington County, Texas in the mid-1800s.

You should note that the spelling varied within branches of the family. For example, the August Rachuig family is also listed as Rachui on some US censuses. I still have no idea why or exactly when my branch of the family added a 'g.'

I hope to have more definitive info for you soon.

I also want to point out that we have several in-law families that have close ties to us, like the Kruegers, Kunkels & Bernhardts - not to mention the Schulzes who have combined their annual reunion with the Rachuigs for several years now. We hope they'll all join us at the family reunion at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in Norse, Texas in July.

I'll have more details about the reunion on this blog. I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment