Monday, August 13, 2012

An Online Site With Galveston Immigration Lists


Dorothy Rachui and I discussed immigration lists at the recent reunion. I told her the Galveston Historical Association had put Galveston's immigration lists online.  Here is the link to their site.

I'm disappointed because it's not as good as I remembered it.  Actually, I confused this with the search facilities available to visitors at the center.  It has several kiosks for various searches of their data base.  

Regardless, I thought I'd post this link in case anyone wanted to use it.  You'll see that the Bark Gessner is listed among the ships in the data base.  It's the ship on which August Wilhelm Rachui/Rachuig sailed to Galveston in 1868. (I just tried searching for August, but had no luck.  I'm not sure if this site is working.  I may have to contact them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment