Monday, July 18, 2011

2011 Rachui-Rachuy-Rachuig & Schulz Family Reunion

Our extended family held its annual reunion at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Norse, Texas on Saturday, July 16th. I think I speak for everyone when I say we had a very, very enjoyable time.

I didn't take notes, but I think this was the 56th Schulz reunion & the 35th Rachuig reunion. Some of you may not know, but we combined the two reunions a few years ago since they always occurred on the same day, & several of us are members of both families.

I don't want to leave anyone out, but Susan Read & her husband were first-time attendees, as was David Rachui, who traveled from North Carolina. [While I'm at it, Trent Knudson, was the oldest attendee, and Steve & Kim Weaver's grandson was the youngest. Sorry, but I don't recall his name, but I'll bet he's about 2-years old.]

A few points from the reunion:

  • Next year's reunion will be at Our Savior's in Norse. We couldn't ask for a better site. Many thanks to Helon Ruth for setting us up with the church. I look forward to next year's reunion.
  • If you have any memorabilia you want to post to this blog, feel free to send me scans or the originals, & I'll be certain to get them back to you.
  • Our Savior's has a Smorgasbord Dinner in November. There's a link below in case you're interested. It looks like a fun evening. Note the registration process.
  • David Rachui provided me with good info on connecting the various branches of the Rachuig/Rachui/Rachuy family. There's a link below, so you can view it. Feel free to correct or add information. (You'll need to email me, or post to this blog.) These charts aren't meant to be a full family tree -- just a way of connecting the various, far-flung branches.
  • I'd like to receive any genealogical data you have. Several of us use Family Tree Maker. I'll try to enter everything I receive & pass it on to others who are interested.
  • A family member in Germany (Dieter Rachuy) is pursuing research at the German Genealogical Archive in Leipzig, Germany. We may learn a great deal about our origins in Posen, possibly prior to settling there.
I'll try to post items to this blog more frequently this year. Send me news about births, marriages, deaths, or other significant events, & I'll announce them.

Try to make next year's reunion -- I think you'll have a good time.

A link to Our Savior's Luthern Church in Norse

A link to Our Savior's info about the Church's Smorgasbord Dinner in November

A link to Page 1 of our Extended Family Tree

A link to Page 2 covering the August & Henrietta Rachuig Branch

A link to Page 3 covering the Otto & Augusta Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment