Wednesday, July 22, 2009

August William Rachuig, Jr. and Telia Harmel Rachuig

Here's another photo from Lanelle Schminke Sonntag that I've never seen before. I think it could be a wedding picture, but I'm not sure. If I'm right, it was probably taken around 1900.


Gus's younger brother, Richard Rachuig, talks a lot about Gus and Tillie in his history of the Rachuig family. Rich moved around West Texas and New Mexico with his brother and sister-in-law before settling down in Olney, Texas and later in the Rio Grande Valley.

I'm not sure where Gus and Tillie (my mother says they always called her Aunt Tillie) finally settled. I think Tillie finally settled in Clifton after she became a widow because my mother says they visited her every time they went to Clifton during the 1930s and '40s. My records show that all of Gus and Tillie's children died very young.

No comments:

Post a Comment