Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Richard Lange and Lydia Rachuig Lange


(UPDATE) At first I thought the man was mislabeled in this photo, but then I realized the woman is Lydia Rachuig. Therefore, I'm reasonably sure the man is correctly identified as her first husband, Richard Lange, and the label should replace Lydia for her sister Johanna. (They both married Lange brothers.)

Lanelle provided this photo at the 2009 reunion. I believe it's mislabeled. I'm sure it's a wedding picture, and Otto Lange was her husband. (Otto was the brother of Richard Lange who married Johanna's youngest sister, Lydia Rachuig.)


I don't have the date of their marriage, but it must have been around 1893. They lived in New Mexico. Otto died young, as did his brother. Their older son Accue was killed on the front-line in France during WWI.


5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about this anymore. I have another picture of Otto & Johanna, and it is a different couple.

    My records show that Johanna married Otto Lange. I don't have any info that she married another time, so I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scanned this photo at the reunion, and in my haste, I might have confused the information about it with another photo.

    Perhaps Lanelle could verify the info for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I see that I didn't mislabel the photo, the original label is showing on the scan I made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruce, the above picture of 'Richard and Johanna isn't of Johanna Delores Rachuig Lang born April 1,1871, died Feb 14, 1968.(She was my
    Grandmother), married to Otto Lang, born Jan 30, 1871, died ??.
    They had three children,
    Ackard E. Lang, born Jan 31,1894, died Oct. 23, 1918 in France during World War 1,
    Frieda Lang Nail, born June 6, 1896, Died Oct. 8, 1977, married May 30, 1916 to Alma L. Nail born Jan 31,1896 died March 12, 1978.
    Herbert Fredrick Lang born Dec. 4, 1901 died Dec. 24, 1980,married May 24,1928 to Bessie E. Anderson born Feb 25, 1909, died Oct 26,1993. (They were my parents).
    Johanna or as she was known (Anna) was a sister to Lydia Martha Rachuig Lang Larson,
    The sisters married brothers.
    I will try to write to you later and tell you some of our history.
    This is a wonderful site and you are doing such a great job with it!
    Your cousin, Susan A. Lang McCullough Smylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really a informative information..................
    waxing palm beach qld

    ReplyDelete