Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rube and Huldina Rachuig, 1950s


Robert Rachuig game me this picture of his grandparents when we met at the 2009 reunion. They are Rudolph 'Rube' Otto Rachuig and Huldina Ickert Rachuig. Rube was the 8th child and 5th son of August and Henrietta.


My mother and I think this picture was taken in the mid 1950s when Clifton celebrated it's frontier days. Notice Huldina is wearing a bonnet. My cousin Bob Bass and I (Chuck Kelly) visited during the celebrations with our grandmonter, Mamie Adams Rachuig. (We stayed with Jack and Evelyn Rachuig Belcher.)

Many of our male relatives grew beards, so they'd look like frontiersmen. We were just 5 years old and not used to men with beards. They got a big kick out of yelling 'BOOO' and chasing us around the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment